September 16 –Find, Recruit and Retain Top Talent: Teleseminar with Jeffrey Scott and Chris Heiler
September 23 – The Matchmaker: How to Connect with Online Buyers through the World’s Largest Search Engine, webinar hosted by Lawn & Landscape, presentation by Chris Heiler
Setting SMART Goals
Read the entire article on HubSpot's blog. They also have a free template you can download to track your goals.
Goals are great -- they help us prove how effective we are, keep us focused, and push us to be better. The thing is, though, goals are totally useless if they're not grounded in reality. That's why it's critical to set SMART goals. (You're about to find out that SMART is an acronym, but your goals should still, indeed, be "smart.") Here's what we mean by setting a SMART goal:
- Specific -- Do set real numbers with real deadlines. Don't say, "I want more visitors."
- Measurable -- Do make sure that you can track your goal. Don't hide behind buzzwords like "brand engagement" or "social influence."
- Attainable -- Do work toward a goal that is challenging but possible. Don't try to take over the world in one night.
- Realistic -- Do be honest with yourself, because you know what you and your team are capable of. Don't forget any hurdles you may have to overcome.
- Time-bound -- Do give yourself a deadline. Don't keep pushing towards a goal you might hit "some day."
If you listen or subscribe on iTunes please consider leaving a comment or review. If you want to hear more and find these valuable then please share with your colleagues and peers. Just send them a link to this page. Or share on Twitter. Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!