Tumblr is a popular micro-blogging platform that has experienced tremendous growth over the past two years. Here are eight reasons why I think you should consider using Tumblr as part of your social media strategy.
1. Short-form content rules. See Seth Godin's blog as proof and, oh yeah, Facebook's acquisition of Instagram for $1 billion.
2. Visual content rules (see Instagram and Pinterest). What industry are we in? Hmmm...
3. Online users spend as much time on Tumblr as they do Pinterest; even more than Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace and Google+.
4. Tumblr drives traffic. Susan Cohan, cofounder/editor of Leaf Magazine, mentioned on the GetSocial! Radio Show that Tumblr is one of Leaf Magazine's top traffic sources. See their Tumblr blog Leaflets here.
6. Tumblr blogs are quick and easy to update from your desktop or mobile device.
7. Your content is easily discoverable and shareable through re-blogging and keyword tagging (similar to retweeting on Twitter and repining on Pinterest).
8. Tumblr has an unchallenged dominance among the youth demographic. Hip retailers and national brands hoping to attract the Gen Y crowd should take note.
Did you find this post useful? You can stay up to date by subscribing to my latest blog posts via RSS.